Re: Meeting Agenda Item: Introduction Will Sterling

On Wed, 26 Oct 2011 11:37:35 -0600
Will <will.sterling@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> All,
>
>   My name is Willard Sterling, I go by Will.  I've been a UNIX System
> Administrator for ~14 years.  In my day job I work with Linux; Red
> Hat, CentOS and SUSE; Solaris; AIX; HP-UX and Tru64.  I also teach
> Linux and UNIX courses on system administration and shell scripting a
> few times a year.  I have a C.S. background and do know C, C++, Java
> and a some Perl but it is all a little rusty as I have not much
> programming over the last decade.
>
>   I'm joining the Infrastructure team to give back to the community
> and expose myself to technologies like Puppet that I do not get to
> use at my day job.  I'd like to work on infrastructure automation
> projects but am also willing to work on odds and ends to keep tickets
> moving through the queue.
>
>   My Fedora account as well as my IRC nickname is wsterling.

Welcome!

If you have not already, please do take a look at
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Infrastructure/GettingStarted
It has some good pointers for getting started.

Do introduce yourself in IRC and/or at our next meeting.

Are you more interested in sysadmin stuff, or application development?

kevin