Re: xmpp based nagios notifications

On Tue, Dec 7, 2010 at 4:03 PM, Till Maas <opensource@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I recently decided against using ejabberd, because it opens two TCP
> ports for erlang management purposes which afaik cannot be switched of.
> One is usually static but the other one is random. Upstream (erlang)
> knows about this and does not care. :-/
> How did you work around this?

You don't have to open those ports up to the world unless you are
going to cluster two or more ejabberd nodes.  Although not well
documented, you can control which ports are used, which makes it
relatively easy to firewall and/or encrypt.

http://www.erlang.org/faq/how_do_i.html#id55227

--
Jeff Ollie