Re: xmpp based nagios notifications

On 2010-12-07 11:03:00 PM, Till Maas wrote:
> I recently decided against using ejabberd, because it opens two TCP
> ports for erlang management purposes which afaik cannot be switched of.
> One is usually static but the other one is random. Upstream (erlang)
> knows about this and does not care. :-/
> How did you work around this?
I'm not sure what there is to work around - since I'm just running a
single node, I just don't open these ports on the firewall.  If I were
to run a cluster of ejabberds, then I'd have to open ports in the range
they choose from between the nodes.

I'm curious - what's bad about the way that they do communications with
random ports?

Thanks,
Ricky