Re: Need help with an incident

On Thu, 27 May 2010 22:08:59 -0700
Ian MacGregor <ardchoille42@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Greetings,
>  My name is Ian MacGregor and my Fedora Project information can be
> found here:
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Ardchoille42
>
> Please accept my apologies if I'm sending this information to the
> wrong mailing list.

I don't think this is the right list...

> I was involved in an incident in which a channel operator on IRC
> conducted himself in behavior that I felt was harassing and unfair. I
> checked many pages in the wiki and did not see any sort of IRC Council
> that I could go to in order to report an op who is not complying with
> the IRC operators code of conduct:
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/IRC_operators_code_of_conduct
>
> Where can a normal user go to report misbehaving channel operators?

Typically you could bring this up to the other pool of operators to act
on, which could be anything from talking to the user, getting a dialog
between you and them to work things out, coming up with lessons
learned or removing their op status.

You can reach the pool of operators (both for #fedora, and other
channels) at irc-support-operators-members@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Or bring things up in our weekly meeting in #fedora-meeting on thursday
morning.

Sorry you had a bad experence, it seems to be rampant today with the
full moon for some reason. ;(

I'll note that the person involved did apologize, FWIW.

kevin