Re: hosting git conversion of Fedora CVS tree on fedora infrastructure?

Jeremy Katz wrote:
On Tue, 2007-11-20 at 08:39 -0600, Mike McGrath wrote:
Karsten Wade wrote:
On Mon, 2007-11-19 at 12:01 +0100, Lennert Buytenhek wrote:
The git tree is currently a read-only (slave) version of the CVS
tree, and I expect it to stay that way for some time.  But even though
Fedora isn't switching VCSes at this point, I think it would still
make sense to have git/hg/random-other-VCS conversions of the Fedora
CVS tree publically available ...
+1 to the general idea.

Are you interested in building and maintaining the solution in Fedora
Infrastructure?  Just asking as a bystander ... :)
What problem are we trying to solve by doing this or what added functionality will we get that people can't get by just downloading a snapshot and importing it into git themselves?

Downloading a snapshot of what?  The entire repo?  Do we have that
actually available?  Even if so, it's still not an incremental grab.

I think the closest is webfiles:

http://cvs.fedoraproject.org/webfiles/

   -Mike