Re: Proposal: Rename cvsextras to packager

Jesse Keating wrote:
On Fri, 5 Oct 2007 22:28:35 -0400
Jesse Keating <jkeating@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

It's sweeping in that a /lot/ of documentation is going to need
changing.  Not just in the wiki but in other training materials and
procedural documents.  This is not a small change.

I forgot to follow through on this thought.  My reasoning for holding
it back is that all the other changes we're making are going to require
documentation changes in many of the same places.  It would be better
if we lumped them in together so that a single set of changes are made
rather than a continual series.  And remember, it's not just the wiki
that will need updating.

Both FI and FESCO already blessed this plan. The necessary changes to scripts are understood, and documentation updates are trivially easy.

I don't see how this is a big change? The main thing is doing it at a time when building has to stop, and that is happening anyway during the CVS branching.

Warren Togami
wtogami@xxxxxxxxxx