Re: mirrormanager future features

On Tue, Sep 04, 2007 at 07:24:06AM -0400, seth vidal wrote:

> On Mon, 2007-09-03 at 18:05 -0500, Matt Domsch wrote:
> > * I've got pending a request to change the fedora.repo files to make
> >   yum treat the list as in priority order.  I really want the
> >   continent mappings in place before doing that though...
> >

> Que? You have a request into change fedora.repo for this? What's the
> request?

BZ 243698		     low     low     All     Jesse Keating
      NEED      fedora-release should use yum failovermethod=priority

Description of problem:
By default, yum uses failovermethod=roundrobin to achieve load
balancing.  As soon as mirrormanager itself manages the mirrorlist and
can return it in priority order with internal sub-list randomization,
fedora-release should put failovermethod=priority into each
[repository] section that also has a mirrorlist= line pointing at
mirrors.fedoraproject.org.

Coordinate with Matt Domsch as to when mirrormanager will return
results in priority order.

--
Matt Domsch
linux.dell.com & www.dell.com/linux