Re: Intro and a question about mirroring.

susmit shannigrahi wrote:
Ahh, that's a different question, and thanks Rahul for noticing.
You're of course free to have "private" mirrors

Well, in that case may I use a different directory structure so that
in can not be
pointed without knowing the exact path and all?

Suppose I use /moonshine/updates for update. So in any case it won't
be accessable without changing baseurl in fedora.repo to
http://xx/moonshine/updates.
And I can always redirect from there.

If you are worried about bandwidth overuse, it is unlikely that many people would discover and use it outside of specific regions if it is not in public mirror list and since you have the control of the server serving data, you can always block specific ip or ip ranges or move the location.

Rahul