Re: Hosting repos that are not upstream

Toshio Kuratomi wrote:
As a system admin I have the same reaction about resources as Seth but I
don't know if I'm right to think that way.  Contacting some Ubuntu sys
admins about their setup and costs could be useful.

In my view, just throwing random mirrors/forks of upstream into our
infrastructure is not good.  We have to have some method of showing why
the branches exist to make it useful.

This is especially true since we do provide a mechanism for developers to branch and coordinate in fedorapeople. And even a passerby would realize that those branches are un-official or not interesting to them (unless directed there by someone) This is important for branding and sanity I think.

   -Mike