Re: Trac Instance

On Jul 3, 2007, at 6:33 PM, Jeroen van Meeuwen wrote:

If you start with having tickets assigned to certain milestones, and
then add a milestone to move some tickets to, or remove a milestone
(long story short: IMACD milestones), there's no easy way of moving
tickets to or from that milestone, you need to modify them by hand. In
our case, not having set too much different milestones but moving as
fast as we do, we have to delete and add milestones every now and then
and change the default milestone for new tickets, just because our
roadmap changes. Changing existing tickets already linked to a milestone
is a PITA.

Just my 2 euro cents,

Have you checked out the BatchModify plugin? It looks like it was made to do exactly this.

http://trac-hacks.org/wiki/BatchModifyPlugin

Mike, I find it helpful in the 'Roadmap' section to list the tickets assigned to each Milestone. This can be done by adding the following to the Milestone description:

== Tickets for this Milestone ==

[[TicketQuery(Milestone=1.0)]]

You'll need to change '1.0' to be the name of your milestone, for example, 'Fedora 8'.

Anyway, I find it helpful :)

-Jeff