Re: smolt, hardware compatibility and package stats

Mike McGrath wrote:
Rahul Sundaram wrote:

What do folks think of extending smolt into more of a system profiler
including optionally collecting information on installed packages?

I'm on the fence about this but would put package information lower in priority then some of the ratings system stuff. Mugshot is doing some package stuff already.

True but that code is tied to mugshot (I asked) and would require users to sign up with mugshot while Smolt is in first boot and I think many end users would prefer the unobtrusive method. As long as we have it optional (ie) I should be able to send the hardware details or the packaging stats or both, it should be a useful thing to do.

Rahul