Re: Fedora Magazine RFR

Chuck Anderson wrote:
On Mon, Jun 18, 2007 at 12:29:38PM -0500, Mike McGrath wrote:
Anand Capur wrote:
We are going to be a real online magazine with an ISSN number with the
possibility of going to a print edition in the future. I have a flash based magazine reader and many other things that could not run on the wiki. We are
a totally separate idea than FWN.
I saw that, and as for the namespace you need a completely separate domain? fedoraproject.org/FedoraMagazine/ won't work? Also you'll be using PHP, please explain more what you'll be doing with php. We are extremely concerned about php in our environment.

I'm extremely concerned that an official Fedora magazine would require the proprietary Flash plugin to view.

Absolutely. I would strongly suggest you avoid flash completely or offer Ogg video or animated GIF files as alternatives.

Rahul