Re: Web Server Bug

David Douthitt wrote:
Toshio Kuratomi wrote:
On Sat, 2007-06-16 at 20:36 -0500, David Douthitt wrote:
Mike McGrath wrote:
Yes, the code dump is ugly but the accounts system is being completely
re-written so all work to fix the current system has basically been
put on hold, though the complaint you have is a common one.
Another thing that comes to mind - I don't know if this is already done,
or if the discussion on it has already been thrashed to death - but why
not use Subversion and two different branches, one being a development
branch and one a stable branch?  Innumerable projects do this already,
including FreeBSD, Linux, Samba, and who knows how many more.....
Two different branches of what?  The website?
Two branches of the code being used in the web site - "the accounts system" for example. If the complaint is a common one, it would be better (I would argue) to fix the problem immediately in one branch of the software and let development continue separately. Doing this fixes the problem, reduces support questions, reduces time spent answering the same question over and over, and improves the stability and quality of the overall product while improving the user experience and perceptions at the same time.

Quoted from earlier:

"Yes, the code dump is ugly but the accounts system is being completely re-written so all work to fix the current system has basically been put on hold, though the complaint you have is a common one."

Anyone is welcome to submit a patch though I'd prefer they spend that time working on the new account system instead.

   -Mike