Re: 'yum update' yields an error on Fedora Core 6

Julian Yap wrote:
mirros.fedoraproject.org is really a SPOF for yum and therefore Fedora
as an OS.  This is the 2nd time I've found an issue in the past couple
of months.

Some monitoring really needs to be in place because it can't afford to
have any downtime.

We discovered the issue within 3 minutes of it occuring. It was a DNS issue at our colo. If you'd like to donate space at another data center so that it's not a SPOF we'd greatly appreciate it, we've been looking for additional hosting space for a few items. Also the new mirrors system is... well new. If you find that mirrors.fp.o isn't suiting your needs I'd suggest a local mirror or picking a mirror close to you and just using it. We'll continue to harden the new system.

   -Mike