Re: RFR: GIT Package VCS

Jeremy Katz wrote:
Right.  I really don't think we want to just take our current system,
switch out CVS, and end up with all of the same workflows.  The change
should be more about how do we improve workflows.  That means thinking
about things like:
* How do we make it easier for a maintainer to rebase their package to a
newer upstream?
* How do we make it easier for a maintainer to develop, test, and create
a patch to fix a problem that's being experienced in Fedora?
* How do we make it easy to send these patches to the upstream of the
project being worked on?
* How do we enable downstreams to take our bits, track them and make
changes as they need/want?
* How do we better enable a user who has a problem with something we
ship to be able to fix it themselves and get the fix back to us?

* How do we do all that while keeping it simple :)

Well, I guess now we can all start thinking about it. Source Control is supposed to be a tool to empower developers, lets make sure that what we end up with is just that.

   -Mike