Re: Apache tweak

Yea, it would. However mod_easvie is able to detect if users a
continuously hitting refresh
to consume bandwidth.

mod_evasive is also recommended by Ryan Barnett who is the author of
Preventing Web Attacks with Apache.

Has anyone also thought about deploying mod_security? or is it me just
being paranoid.

I think this would make an excellent topic to talk about in the next meeting?

On 27/05/07, Mike McGrath <mmcgrath@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Damian Myerscough wrote:
> Ok, I guess we can talk more about it after the release of Fedora 7.

I also have a question about mod_evasive.  Wouldn't it be better/most
efficient to limit that traffic before it even hits the apache instance?

    -Mike