Re: Ambassador Aliases

Mike McGrath wrote:
So the firstname.lastname removal has been done and went fairly well with one exception. Many of the ambassadors use firstname.lastname when dealing with other people. They like a good, professional looking email address. Unfortunately, not everyone thinks of this when they're creating their account name and trying to be an ambassador with fluffyone23@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx may cause issues.

I've added a few exceptions but I really don't want our group maintaining this list. We're not in the business of user administration, that always gets delegated to the specific group owners/admins. This puts us in an awkward position because of the sensitive nature of the alises file we can't just let everyone edit this file. Here's what I'd like to propose:

Thomas Chung has offered to maintain this list for the ambassadors. Since its a manual intervention we're not as open to attack/collisions as we were when it was automated. We'll continue to use CVS so we get notifications when a change goes out. Additionally I've given the following guidelines to Thomas should we chose to go this route:

* All alises for the ambassadors must be firstname.lastname@xxxx

As in they should not be using their account names as aliases? I would prefer to continue using what I use currently.

Rahul