Re: sponsored vs volunteers

Mike McGrath wrote:

So I should log in to the package database and click yes I'm being paid to do this or no I'm know being paid to do this? Whats the default?

Let's say you can have two fields

Sponsored: Yes/No. Default: No (Since most of the packages in the repository are maintained voluntarily and we expect the percentage to increase)

Sponsored by: <Empty>. Inactive if no.

Where can I find these various discussions?

No public archives. Most of these were on phone or in person. Fundamentally it is another metric that determines the health of the community (users and contributors) and our understanding of them, like the number of users (Statistics page) or what applications they run usually (mugshot app stats)

Rahul