Re: DHCP and our hosts

Mike McGrath wrote:
At present our physical hosts use DHCP and our Xen guests do not. I'd like to do one or the other. The only issue we have going completely DHCP is that hosts like the proxy boxes require some aliased interfaces[1] which isn't really a problem but it's a minor inconvenience if someone is looking through the dhcpd.conf file for free IP's.

Option 1:
Completely Static IP's, everywhere.  (Except for some network devices?)

Isn't this the least error prone option?

(Each box keeps the correct network configuration during a failure of the DHCP server. It cannot be disrupted by another DHCP server that could possibly come online, in a Xen guest or somewhere.)

Warren Togami
wtogami@xxxxxxxxxx