Re: planet sub domains

Hi, I am Nicu from the Art team and was lurking on this list for a couple of days.

seth vidal wrote:
On Tue, 2007-02-27 at 20:56 -0600, Dennis Gilmore wrote:
So it came up that it could be useful if there were sub planets. say art.planet.fedoraproject.org for people posting art work. or docs or some other fedora sub topics.

What does every one think of the possibilities?

Does it really make much sense to subdivide it up? Would I have to
subscribe to all of them to know what's going on? It doesn't seem like
the current planet is really all that busy.

I had a similar idea some time ago, but have not talked about it yet: leave the main planet as is and use the subdomains only to filter the content for those interested in certain areas. I am not strongly in favor of this because the charm of planet is in its variety: the mix of topics.

--
nicu