Re: Builders

On 10/27/06, Jeffrey Tadlock <linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Dennis Gilmore wrote:
> On Friday 27 October 2006 09:02, Mike McGrath wrote:
>> I'm kind of in the boat that we should just use large files and skip
>> the partition all together, that way its an scp or a cp away from
>> having another guest.
>>
> That works also.   one issue we would face is storing the xen guest images.
> that will get big fast.  But i do really like the idea.  we could do
> something to help us manage bottlenecks also.  bring up an app server image
> when needed and some quick configuration we have a new app server. or proxy
> or any of our other services.

One of the downsides of file based images is I/O performance, right?
Won't that have an adverse effect on the builders versus LVM?

Yes, though I'd like to see some numbers as to what difference we're
talking about.  The flexability of using a file is very appealing.
Especially since our boxes aren't really that overloaded. (well except
fpserv ;-)

          -Mike