Re: [Fedora-infrastructure-list] hammer3

Dennis Gilmore wrote:
For discussion once things settle down after the release. It seems hammer3 is very sick. I have logged into its console and tried to restart sshd which resulted in root@hammer3 ~]# /etc/init.d/sshd restart
Stopping sshd: [FAILED]
Starting sshd: /etc/init.d/sshd: line 100: 4550 Floating point exception$SSHD $OPTIONS
[FAILED]

on a reboot quite a few of the services failed with Floating point exception's most things on hammer3 don't work. I could try a rebuild as vi works. Or we need to look at replacing it. thoughts? ideas? comments?

Pretty much everything crashes with a floating point exception. I wasn't able to download the memtest86+ RPM using any method. I just powered down the machine for now.

Maybe Stacy can take a look at it later when he has more time.

Meanwhile, do you think a xen guest to act as a temporary x86_64 builder would be useful? FC5 or FC6 guest OS?

Warren Togami
wtogami@xxxxxxxxxx