Re: [Fedora-infrastructure-list] mirrors cgi and load

On 10/20/06, seth vidal <skvidal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
So, In a bit of a concern I was thinking about the response time from
the mirror cgi and also other load concerns. I was wondering if we had
considered making mirrors.fedoraproject.org a round robin or
load-balanced location between the duke site its on now and another
site, possibly at PHX. The sqlite db of the data after a check should be
small enough to quickly rsync between the two sites and this would help
with load on the main fedoraproject.org system I would think.

What do y'all think about implementing something like that in the next
few days before FC6 final?

It feels like it is just:
 1. dns entry addition
 2. vhost addition on one of the phx boxes
 3. an rsync+ssh key at the end of the checker cron job

-sv

This was on our list of things TODO but never quite made it.  It
should be pretty trivial to set up and would be useful not just for
balancing load but for availability as well.  I'll just have to add
some log aggregation to my script.

            -Mike