Re: [Fedora-infrastructure-list] Xen Server and Network Tracking

Mike McGrath wrote:
I don't think we really need a template. What i think would be better is a script that we pass a few paramaters to and creates a lvm volume and gets
the install started.

I guess we could pass to the script the guest name, the size of the logical volume and the distro to install we could keep in in hardcoded things like
ram (512mb  probably sane  can be changed later)  and the paths to the
distros to install.

and  have an optional kickstart config path

Yeah I'd have to agree with this in an LVM environment.  I'd always
used templates but I also typically use xen with actual files on the
filesystem.  On second thought it may not work as well with a LVM
setup :(

I'm removing the template because it is quick and easy enough to do a regular xenguest-install. Plus, we should be testing the installer often anyway. =)

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/InfrastructurePrivate/PhoenixServers/XenServers
I'm adding more details and HOWTO's here too.

Warren Togami
wtogami@xxxxxxxxxx