Re: [Fedora-infrastructure-list] Hardware Trouble (?) on app1.fedora.phx.redhat.com

On 9/11/06, Luke Macken <lmacken@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Sun, Sep 10, 2006 at 08:49:13PM -0400, Jeffrey Tadlock wrote:
> Warren Togami wrote:
> > Both before and after the data center migration to a new rack and new
> > switch, we have occasionally been experiencing network trouble to
> > app1.fedora.phx.redhat.com.
> >
> > Since this happened both before and after the new switch, could this
> > perhaps be hardware trouble?
> >
> > Any opinions of what we should do about this?  Perhaps...
> >
> > - More closely monitor, with ping logs over time?
>
> Closer monitoring would probably be good.  Seeing what is happening from
> the console when these unusual events occur might also provide some
> insight as to what is really happening.  From the IRC log it looks like
> lmacken was able to produce some "oddities" with an nmap scan of app1
> and trying to flush iptables?

I have experienced this issue with a couple of other machines in the
colo, although I cannot remember exactly which ones (proxy[1-4] iirc).

I think Stacy replaced our switch, have we experienced these issues on
the new switch?  Also I know that bastion (and others) had iptables
rules that caused burst limits to get dropped.  For example if you
logged in and did a "cat /var/log/messages" eventually the connection
would hang.

      -Mike