[Fedora-infrastructure-list] Re: coverity code checker in Extras

Matthias Clasen wrote:
On Wed, 2006-08-30 at 18:10 -0400, Warren Togami wrote:
My Proposal
A good compromise would be for Coverity to be run outside of the scope of the Fedora Project as just a Red Hat thing. It would run asynchronously on the binary RPMS in pushed repositories. If Fedora contributors are interested in helping to better automate this they are free to do so.

This way Fedora and upstream benefits from Coverity analysis, and Fedora remains ideologically pure.

Thoughts?

Warren, its a _source_ analysis tool. Running it on binary packages
won't do much good...

Same thing in principle. Why does Coverity need to be in our build system? It could very well work asynchronously outside of Fedora from our SRPMS.

Warren Togami
wtogami@xxxxxxxxxx