Re: [Fedora-infrastructure-list] A cvs space for the Usability Sig

On 8/27/06, Patrick W. Barnes <nman64@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Saturday 26 August 2006 12:11, "Damien Durand" <splinux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> I would like to ask for a cvs space for the Usability Sig so as to host
> temporarily some documentations, codes and patches, allowing a more
> efficient and productive work.

CVS isn't for temporary storage.  You need to work with other projects to keep
things where they belong.  Documentation should be kept in packages, with the
Documentation Project, or on the wiki.  Patches should be provided through
Bugzilla to appropriate maintainers or directly to upstream.  Efficiency is
achieved through collaboration and management, not version control.

Unless the Usability SIG starts producing stand-alone packages, and I don't
see any reason that it ever should, I can't imagine why it would have any
real need for its own CVS repository.

I have to agree with patrick on this, can you give very specific
examples of what the CVS is going to be used for and why what
currently exists is insufficient?

         -Mike