Re: [Fedora-infrastructure-list] when to use OTRS (Was: Re: FESCo, hello? - [was: Re: Buildsys status pages down])

On 8/22/06, Mike McGrath <mmcgrath@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 8/22/06, Michael Schwendt <bugs.michael@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Fri, 28 Jul 2006 16:42:28 -0400, Elliot Lee wrote:
>
> > To help clarify things, yesterday I disabled new bug reports in
> > bugzilla's "Fedora Infrastructure" product.
> >
> > Most of the infrastructure issues lend themselves better to the
> > "report via e-mail and have an open issue for each person" model that
> > OTRS facilitates.
>
> Is it still the case that the reporters don't get any feedback nor status
> updates when tickets are closed?

Tickets now send a closed status update.  Users are allowed to re-open
tickets.  This was actually enabled on most of the queues already, I'm
not sure why some of them were disabled.  Just a reminder to the
admins working on tickets, use the email reply link to send emails to
users.  The "note" link is for internal notes only, end users won't
see them.

           -Mike