Re: [Fedora-infrastructure-list] when to use OTRS (Was: Re: FESCo, hello? - [was: Re: Buildsys status pages down])

Michael Schwendt wrote:

Is it still the case that the reporters don't get any feedback nor status
updates when tickets are closed?

In my own OTRS setup I reply to the 'customer' when closing a ticket and set the nexy ticket state to be 'closed succesfully'. It is also possible to setup notifications to the 'customer' upon certain state changes. In the current setup however it seems possible to just close a ticket without sending any notification. Either the 'agents' should be told to not close a ticket by just changing the state, but by sending a reply and setting the next state by that, or notifications for state changes to 'closed' should be set up.

Nils Breunese.