Re: [Fedora-infrastructure-list] Dell server donation deadline approaching

On Wed, Jul 05, 2006 at 11:43:03PM -0400, Elliot Lee wrote:
> Assuming we have rack space in the colo (Stacy?), it sounds like we
> can use one machine for Fedora Legacy, and I think we really ought to
> start thinking about having more than one database server, so just
> tell me what I need to do to help you get this ordered...

Short of it is, go to dell.com, large business segment, and spec out
PowerEdge 2950 systems like you need (they need not be identical).  Send me
the "Print Summary" page of SKUs for each config, and I'll see if it
fits in the budget, then we can negotiate features up/down depending
on leftover money.

For example,  2 x dual-core Xeon 5130 4MB CPUs, 8GB RAM, 3 146GB
10krpm SAS disks, PERC5/i controller, dual gigabit ethernet, DRAC5,
rails, cables etc. is within the budget if you wanted 2 systems like
that. :-)

Thanks,
Matt

--