Re: i18n installer test cases revised

On Thursday 29 January 2015 05:09 AM, Adam Williamson wrote:
> Hey, folks. Thought it'd be good to let this list know, as I think
> they originated with the i18n team.
>
> Today I significantly revised these four test cases:
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA:Testcase_Arabic_Language_Install
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA:Testcase_Asian_Language_Install
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA:Testcase_Cyrillic_Language_Install
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA:Testcase_Non-
> English_European_Language_Install
>
> Since they were basically identical except for the name of the
> language (group) to be tested, they now are all produced using a
> single template:
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Template:Testcase_language_install

Hi Adam

Went through the above mentioned test case for language install. I have few suggestions :

1. Under "How to Test" step number 8, instead of writing "using characters that are placed differently on the keyboard layout in use" if we may write like " using native characters with native available
   key map for the language in which it is being installed", it would be more appropriate, I guess.

2. And another thing is, once the system is installed, there are some integral parts like post installation initial-set up screen which we may give a hint on it in the last step, to follow in order to get
   the system ready for further use after reboot.

3. We can also hint to check the language support/s and related packages that has been opted during installation, has been installed properly or not during the post installation check.

> language / language group name, and example languages, are passed as
> template parameters, this is described in more detail in the template
> documentation. If you want to tweak the test case text at all, just
> make the edits in the template, and they will appear in all the test
> cases (this is the neat thing about using templates).
>
> the content of the template is based on what was previously in the
> test cases, but with some revisions to match current anaconda
> behavior. The 'Welcome' screen is now present on live installs, so
> the long set of instructions for doing a live install in a different
> language that was on one of the pages (but not the others) are no
> longer needed.
>
> These test cases now form part of release validation testing:
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Template:Installation_test_matrix#Internationalization_and_Localization
>
> All release validation test events from now on will have these test
> cases in their Installation result page. Hopefully this should mean we
> catch crashes and bugs in non-English installs much earlier than
> before.

Regards
Satya
Senior Quality Engineer
Red Hat Inc.
PNQ Center, India.
DID : +91 20 304 67367
Cell : +91 9860 140303
Fax : +91 20 660 56040
***The wise man should restrain his senses like the crane and accomplish his purpose with due knowledge of his place, time and ability***