 When Fedora is packaged for a particular version, only the rpm's for
 that arch are included in the distro.

 That's not true, I think. There is scim-libs.i386 in FC5.x86_64. :(

Yes, you are right. I just checked FC5's tree at download.fedora.redhat.com
Some i386 rpms seem to be included in the distro for x86_64.

     This is useful because there is some apps only provides i386 binaries.
 For example, acroread. I use acroread on x86_64 architecture with
 scim-bridge-gtkimm.i386. This is why scim-bridge has been developed.
 Whithout it, you have to use fallback xim or origial scim-gtkimm. The
former
 kills inline preedits and the latter kills acroread itself! So I insist
that
 scim-bridge-gtkimm.i386 should be included in FC6.x86_64.

 Is there a bug filed i Red Hat bugzilla for the same?

 What do you mean?
 You mean I should put this into bugzilla?

Being in bugzilla, this issue can be tested by the Fedora QE team.
Also, the bug filled in bugzilla will give your point a strong
reference so as the necessary i386 rpms can be bundled along x86_64
rpms in future releases.

Thanks,
Makuchaku
--
http://makuchaku.info
When you speak out with the courage of your convictions, people listen!

[Index of Archives]     [Fedora Users]     [Fedora Desktop]     [Fedora SELinux]     [Big List of Linux Books]     [Yosemite News]     [KDE Users]     [Fedora Tools]