[Fedora-i18n-list] Re: Subject: mounting compact flash with japanese on filesystem

Leon> Can you try to mount it with codepage= parameter and see if it
Leon> helps?

I tried mounting with various codepages (cp932, utf8, cp437), all
performed identically.

In fact, I have dumped the FAT partition and analyzed it.  I can't
find a pattern of difference betwen the filenames that are readable by
Linux and the filenames that aren't.  I am appending those analyses:
first the analysis of the FAT table for the readalbe filenames, and
then the analysis of the FAT table for the unreadable filenames.

Dave

[Index of Archives]     [Fedora Users]     [Fedora Desktop]     [Fedora SELinux]     [Big List of Linux Books]     [Yosemite News]     [KDE Users]     [Fedora Tools]