Re: [Fedora-i18n-list] Unable to input Japanese on stock FC2 intall: Can't add "Input Method Switcher"

Leon Ho wrote:

Hello Akira, thank you for your help. I have made sure that httx is running (which starts htt_xbe - I don't know what that is) and started my Java program with LANG=ja_JP.UTF-8 (or LC_CTYPE=ja_JP.UTF-8) and XMODIFIERS=@im=htt but Java will not recognize the input method. Running in a Japanese session, it does recognize it just fine though, so for now I will just log into a Japanese session. I would like to know why it won't work in an English environment though. If I am running httx, htt_xbe, cannaserver, htt, and have LC_CTYPE=ja_JP.UTF-8 and XMODIFIER=@im=htt Java should allow for Japanese input using htt, right?

httx need to be run on particular locale you got to use it on to enable
the bridging with XIM. In your case that will be running 'LANG=ja_JP.UTF-8 httx'

Cheers,
Leon

Thanks! That worked just great! I've got Japanese input on GTK apps working great, and now Java as well. (Of course, I do have to kill the httx that starts automatically and start one up with LANG=ja_JP.UTF-8, but that is fine by me.)
Thanks for all the help!

dave

[Index of Archives]     [Fedora Users]     [Fedora Desktop]     [Fedora SELinux]     [Big List of Linux Books]     [Yosemite News]     [KDE Users]     [Fedora Tools]