Re: Lohit vs Noto Indic fonts

On Mon, Jun 26, 2023 at 10:29 PM pravin.d.s@xxxxxxxxx <pravin.d.s@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Since the feedback so far seems generally positive, I started drafting https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/Indic_Noto_fonts proposal for Fedora 39.

Have given the relative fonts priorities some thought... while in theory I am sympathetic to the novel priority suggestion, it is probably not realistic in practice: we have never done default fonts changes that way before in Fedora so I think it would set a bad precedent, but I think we should make sure that if one uninstalls the Noto Indic fonts, the Lohit fonts should still remain the default - I do think that should be possible.

Right, As per policy it impacts badly.
Lets users use fonts-tweak-tool to change priorities as per their requirements.

Yes, thanks - let me add a mention of fonts-tweak-tool too. 👍

Jens