Re: How to create fonts metapackage

Hi,

On Mon, Feb 28, 2022 at 7:13 AM Anirban Mitra <mitradranirban@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I have already made the font packages as per guidelines. See  https://copr.fedorainfracloud.org/coprs/mitradranirban/fbf-fonts-all/packages
Now I want to create a metapackage fbf-fonts-all which will install all the packages together.
As per font packaging guidelines font meta-package should be named like foo-fonts-all.
But I am not sure they are applicable for fonts.

You may find different packaging guidelines for different types of packaging. The link you gave is for Software Collections.
You should try to find needed information under this URL https://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/packaging-guidelines/
If it's not there then search in any other specific packaging guidelines pages also.

You are talking here about fonts meta packages. So let's check if fonts policy provides it.
You can read from https://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/packaging-guidelines/FontsPolicy/#_packaging_macros that fonts policy does provide %fontmetapkg macro. If you use it in your spec then it will generate -all subpackage as well.

Regards,
Parag