Re: Missing font information at wiki

On Tue, Feb 20, 2018 at 4:53 PM, Zbigniew Jędrzejewski-Szmek
<zbyszek@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 20, 2018 at 04:37:04PM +0530, Parag Nemade wrote:
>> On Tue, Feb 20, 2018 at 3:20 PM, David Kaspar [Dee'Kej]
>> <dkaspar@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> > Hey Zbyszek, thanks for the info! :) Anyway, it's strange, because the font
>> > subpackages have the AppStream files ship with them. One AppStream file for
>> > each font family.
>> >
>> > You can see the sources of the files here:
>> > https://github.com/ArtifexSoftware/urw-base35-fonts/tree/master/appstream
>> > And the AppStream file is listed in koji as well:
>> > https://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/rpminfo?rpmID=13076401
>> >
>> > When I was working on this, I have read on some of our wiki that adding the
>> > AppStream files should be enough, but I'm probably missing some step. Any
>> > ideas how to enable the urw-base35-fonts to be visible in Gnome Software? :)
>> >
>> >  -- Dee'Kej --
>>
>> This font has been added/updated to upstream just 25 days ago and I
>> don't think we have got that update (appstream-data package) in Fedora
>> 27 yet but I can see update for rawhide is available. See the upstream
>> repo https://github.com/hughsie/createrepo_as_logs/tree/master/u and
>> downstream package at
>> https://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/packageinfo?packageID=18639
>
> I don't think this should matter: I have the appstream file installed on disk
> (urw-base35-fonts-20170801-4.fc27.noarch has it, and I check that the file
> is indeed present).
>
> And anyway, I upgraded to appstream-data-28-4.fc28 and restarted gnome-software
> and there is no difference. So it seems that gnome-software for some reason
> does not like that appstream file.
>
> Too bad there's still no obvious way to diagnose this :[

I have not checked actually whether its working or not. Now as you
said its not working then we need to check the log files. E.g. see
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/hughsie/createrepo_as_logs/master/u/urw-base35-bookman-fonts.log
which shows some warning. So this need to be fixed.
e.g. one of the file I checked upstream
https://github.com/ArtifexSoftware/urw-base35-fonts/blob/master/appstream/de.urwpp.URWBookman.metainfo.xml#L25
and can see missing </p> tag

Good to follow fonts spec templates from
https://pagure.io/fontpackages/blob/master/f/spec-templates/spectemplate-fonts-simple.spec#_49
which tells to use appstream-util on metainfo files to check them for
syntax validity.

Parag.