[Announce] Liberation fonts version 2 now available on github as well

Hi All,

    Liberation is very special fonts in opensource world. It has served open source communities for more that 7 years. It has got an excellent user base.

    We released liberation 2.0 two years back. Though we reverted this change in Fedora due to mismatch of hinting bytecode with liberation1. Liberation 2 is actively used with Libreoffice for last 2+ years, since it has got a better character coverage.

     Recently i had conversation with Wikimedia developer Ryan Kaldari where he mentioned "We evaluated numerous fonts and Liberation Sans had the highest overall score of all the FOSS sans-serif fonts we evaluated."

    There was an issues [1] with positioning of accent marks which we have fixed. After it i believe Wikipedia is also now using Liberation fonts from bug. [2]

   For better collaboration for upcoming development of liberation 2, we have now made it available on github. [3] Existing fedorahosted git will be still there but i will mostly use it only for liberation 1.07 and liberation 2.0 development will happen on github and i will just sync fedorahosted git with github periodically.

Regards,
Pravin Satpute