Re: Anyone interested in packaging Google Noto fonts?

On 4 April 2013 21:33, Behdad Esfahbod <behdad@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Pravin,

Noto replaces Droid moving forward, and has far wider coverage and better
hints, and will get new scripts added over time.  So perhaps initially have
both, then have Noto obsolete Droid, and add fontconfig rules to that effect...

Yes,
looks fare enough.

Thanks Behdad and Dave for confirmation.

Regards,
Pravin Satpute

behdad

On 13-04-04 05:09 AM, pravin.d.s@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Hi Behdad,
>
>    While further checking Noto fonts, i found that these fonts are same as
> already packaged google-droid-sans-fonts. I have tested following script fonts.
>
> 1. Devanagari: Outline is same in Noto and Droid
> 2. Tamil : Outline is same in Noto and Droid
> 3. Armenian:  Outline is same in Noto and Droid
>
>    Droid looks bit older version 1.02 and Noto is latest version 1.03. Noto
> has hinting information while Droid is unhinted.
>
>    Considering this, i think we can either keep Droid or Noto in fedora. Noto
> has more preference since its latest version.
>
>    If you know difference please update me with it.
>
> Regards,
> Pravin Satpute
>

> On 3 April 2013 10:07, pravin.d.s@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:pravin.d.s@xxxxxxxxx>
> <pravin.d.s@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:pravin.d.s@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote: