"infinality" patches?

Hi folks,

A user in #fedora informed me about infinality.net[1] patches which
apparently improve font rendering etc. on systems. Would anyone know
about these? Are they worth incorporating into fedora? (Do we already
have them?)

The site says these are free, as in freedom, although I haven't audited
the files myself.

[1] http://www.infinality.net/blog/infinality-freetype-patches/

--
Thanks,