Re: [Fontconfig] Heads up: Droid fonts update in Rawhide

Le Ven 27 juillet 2012 12:42, Akira TAGOH a écrit :

> <match target="scan">
>   <test="family" ignore-blanks="yes">
>     <string>Droid Sans Fallback</string>
>   </test>
>   <edit name="lang" mode="assign">
>     </minus>
>   </edit>
> </match>

Thanks a lot for the experimenting. I take it that the most complete
config version you produced is the patch you sent separately, not the
version attached to this mail?

Just to be clear: it's perfectly OK if the droid sans foo names subsist
inside fontconfig, the aim is only to cull them from the font selection
dropdowns in GUI apps

Another complex fontconfig substitution scenario that needs investigating
is automatic use of PT Sans Caption instead of PT Sans at small sizes, to
simulate a modern smart font automatically in fontconfig apps

(see the documentation for caption on https://www.adobe.com/type/opentype/)

It's quite nice that after years of having a nice composing framework, but
not enough floss fonts to exercise it, the problem is now to catch up with
the possibilities offered by recent font projects.

Best regards,

--
Nicolas Mailhot