Hello!

Hey there Fonts SIG!

I'm interested mainly in packaging fonts. I'm new to Fedora, both
as a user and as a contributor, so it might be a bumpy ride ;-).

I'm consuming as much documentation as I can about the whole font
stack. I've got a few questions:

1. What's the consenus about bitmap fonts? On
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Font_rendering_and_text_layouting
I found this:

"Nowadays Fedora converges on OpenType (TTF/OTF) fonts in Unicode
encoding, and no efforts should be wasted on legacy formats. "

Does this mean bitmap fonts should be converted (possibly by hand), or
are BDF/PCF fine? (I ask this because some of my favorite fonts are
bitmap)

2. What are the most common pitfalls / What should I be aware of as I
depart on this journey?

3. Are the fonts listed on
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Category:Font_wishlist
purely in want of a packeger (i.e. I can get cracking)?