Re: default font list for f17

Le Mar 6 mars 2012 20:22, Qianqian Fang a écrit :

> I did not follow the default font settings in F17.
> There was a long standing issue of reading Chinese
> under non-CJK locales (en,fr etc) because Japanese
> fonts were set to a higher priority in the fontconfig
> 65-nonlatin.

How is fontconfig supposed to arbiter between CJK users when you're not
telling it the locale you want? What you describe is not an issue, it's an
impossible wish. You need to fix the software used by Chinese writers so it
actually tells the font stack the user wants to render Chinese.

(IMHO anyway)

--
Nicolas Mailhot