Re: font packages list

for f16, http://tagoh.fedorapeople.org/fonts/f16-defaultfonts.html

It seems that no changes has been made since f15 at this moment.
I'm not sure if we are facing any space issue on the installation media such as spins and Live etc, we could still improve it if needed.

We should have certain aliases for Tibetan, Dzongkha and Thai at least. no aliases defined for those languages at all.

Aside from that, some fonts packages being sorted out at "other" (and particularly is decorated by non-italic which would be installed by default regardless of languages) may have options to 1) assign any aliases to use it efficiently or 2) get rid of "mandatory" or "default" from comps otherwise.

The candidate packages are here:

jomolhari-fonts
thai-scalable-waree-fonts
tibetan-machine-uni-fonts (bo only)
culmus-caladings-clm-fonts (he and yi only)
culmus-yehuda-clm-fonts (he and yi only)
un-core-dinaru-fonts (ko only)
un-core-gungseo-fonts (ko only)
un-core-pilgi-fonts (ko only)
madan-fonts (ne only)
serafettin-cartoon-fonts (ta only)
thai-scalable-garuda-fonts (th only)
thai-scalable-kinnari-fonts (th only)
thai-scalable-loma-fonts (th only)
thai-scalable-norasi-fonts (th only)
thai-scalable-purisa-fonts (th only)
thai-scalable-sawasdee-fonts (th only)
thai-scalable-tlwgmono-fonts (th only)
thai-scalable-tlwgtypewriter-fonts (th only)
thai-scalable-tlwgtypist-fonts (th only)
thai-scalable-tlwgtypo-fonts (th only)
thai-scalable-umpush-fonts (th only)
cjkuni-ukai-fonts (zh_TW only)

One more topic on this list is, we should update comps for packages being gray-colored, which means selecting the default font behaves differently when installing other fonts packages from other language supports. we should keep consistency of the default font for language. so if it looks good to default for that language, we may consider to update the fontconfig file to give it a priority or update comps to install it by default.

This is a bit hard to explain what to do in general, so please review the list once and ask me if in doubt.

Cheers,
---
Akira TAGOH

----- 元のメッセージ -----
| for f15, http://tagoh.fedorapeople.org/fonts/f15-defaultfonts.html
|
| FYI
|
| ---
| Akira TAGOH
|
| ----- 元のメッセージ -----
| | Hi,
| |
| | The improved fonts table is available at:
| | http://tagoh.fedorapeople.org/fonts/f14-defaultfonts.html
| |
| | old one wasn't a bit useful because there are no way to know
| | what exactly the font is default. so I've put the font name
| | in the table this time.
| |
| | I'm not planning to do mass-filing-a-bug for languages not
| | having any fonts in any generic names, because this
| | generator doesn't refer the default rule in fontconfig so
| | far and the default latin fonts might be sufficient for
| | that. though that may be good to add it into the certain
| | language group in comps to make sure if the expected fonts
| | are certainly installed for language. dunno.
| |
| | However some fonts seems not having any fontconfig config
| | files. so that may be worth filing a bug perhaps.
| |
| | Finally the latest source code is available in fontpackages
| | git repo now. thanks Nicolas for this offer.
| |
| | Enjoy,
| | --
| | Akira TAGOH