Re: Update on forcing autohinting per font

Nicolas Mailhot wrote:

> Le Lun 6 juin 2011 17:03, Kevin Kofler a Ãcrit :
>
>> * Other, less common toolkits may have the same issue as Qt. Do you
>> really think we can fix them all? (I don't.)

> Please understand that the QT fontconfig code is a PITA that breaks on
> Fedora settings every release (and every time it's blamed on font packages
> despite the fact the same settings work fine in GTK apps). Please spend
> your energy in getting upstream to fix QT not complain at Behdad (who at
> least wrote a patch to try to fix things a little).

No one is arguing that a proper fix isn't the best *long-term* solution.

And, it turns out there is a short-term solution being suggested, but I have
yet to see any critiques on it.  Are there any?

It's just that my common-sense-o-meter started buzzing at the implication
that y'all would prefer to keep stuff broken in the meantime...

-- Rex