Re: Partially hinted fonts

pravin.d.s@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Yeah, really
> Having some parameter in fontconifg for disabling/enabling BCI for
> particular font would be best option. Removing hint instructions from
> fonts is not good options.

It's possible to force the autohinter for a font in fontconfig, with
something like this:
http://cvs.rpmfusion.org/viewvc/rpms/freetype-freeworld/F-12/99-DejaVu-autohinter-only.conf?revision=1.1&root=free&view=markup

(I used to ship this in freetype-freeworld because of the complaints about
DejaVu looking so different with the BCI enabled, but I no longer ship this
particular config file. But a solution like this might be best for the
partially-hinted fonts we don't want to tamper with directly.)

        Kevin Kofler