Re: Unicode-friendly TTF fonts in Fedora and/or EPEL?

RS> Do you have a recommendation for a good font that we could use for JP, a
RS> good one we could use for CN, one for TW and one for KR? If we can't have
RS> one font for all, let's try to have one font per country - does this work?

RS> The goal is to make our users in APAC stop complaining by using the best
RS> font out there. If that means, we need multiple fonts, it isn't that easy
RS> as we hoped and assumed, but then it is as it is.

RS> Any font name recommendations?

I presumed that you have your own Fedora box that has an
answer for your question. anyway, just tried to pick up the
font packages from comps:

For Chinese:
      <packagereq type="default">cjkuni-ukai-fonts</packagereq>
      <packagereq type="default">cjkuni-uming-fonts</packagereq>
      <packagereq type="default">wqy-zenhei-fonts</packagereq>

For Japanese:
      <packagereq type="default">vlgothic-fonts</packagereq>
      <packagereq type="default">vlgothic-p-fonts</packagereq>

For Korean:
      <packagereq type="default">un-core-batang-fonts</packagereq>
      <packagereq type="default">un-core-dinaru-fonts</packagereq>
      <packagereq type="default">un-core-dotum-fonts</packagereq>
      <packagereq type="default">un-core-graphic-fonts</packagereq>
      <packagereq type="default">un-core-gungseo-fonts</packagereq>
      <packagereq type="default">un-core-pilgi-fonts</packagereq>

whidh would be installed by default for supporting their
languages.
I suppose you don't necessarily need everything above. it's
just there for preferences and differeent shapes and
styles in some cases.

HTH,
--
Akira TAGOH