Re: Opening up of various fonts by google

Hans de Goede wrote:

> I noticed Google has recently launched its google font directory. As part
> of this they have negotiated the opening up of various previous not
> completely open fonts. Here a list of fonts which we have not yet packaged,
> and which are not on the wishlist either:

[snipped list]

There seems to have been a flurry of packaging activity on these over the
past week. I am slightly concerned that some of them don't seem to be
following the naming guidelines for font packages.

As an example, OFL Sorts Mill Goudy seems to have been rushed from first
packaging to release in just six days, but there is no foundry name,
although Google seems to be treated as upstream for this and several other
fonts.

Are we going to start using "google" as a foundry name, or take the
original source of these, where possible?

Paul