Re: [OpenFontLibrary] Fwd: LUG-boards: URW++ original 35 fonts available under LPPL

Hi,

While it's always nice to have another confirmation URW+ is OK with
those fonts being released, this is not the version of the fonts GUST
derived, and the version they did derive has contributions from other
persons under the GPL license.

Even ignoring the other contributions this mail states LPPL not the
simplified LPPL GUST is using.

So GUST is still redistributing fonts relicensed without authorisation.

Ironicaly this mail confirms the fonts were indeed always released under
the GPL by URW+, which was one argument advanced to 'justify' the
relicensing (as if having doubts about the license of a file was
sufficient to slap another on it).

I suppose now we'll see energy extended to re-derive the GS 4.0 version
of the fonts and purge any reason to use the licensing which has served
well the community for years.

This is all very sad.

--
Nicolas Mailhot