Re: Problem : japanese-fonts (vlgothic-fonts-20090204-2.fc10)

QF> I think this basically means the Japanese fonts are now
QF> having higher
QF> priorities under non-CJK locales, is this really what we
QF> want?

Current fontconfig policy doesn't really helps in this
case. if one really wants to see a text with proper font,
they need to set PANGO_LANGUAGE with the appropriate locales
ordered or embed Pango attributes in text for GNOME.

However right now cjkunifonts fontconfig config affected
Japanese desktop too because current fontconfig policy in
Fedora suggests having a recipe to override default
substitution lists for specific locale and all of Japanese
fonts has already followed these rules, but cjkunifonts
didn't and fontconfig reads it prior to Japanese fonts'.

--
Akira TAGOH